Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Weather is NOT COOPERATING!

I'm really getting sick of this. We've had chilly, windy, cloudy, drippy weather for about a week now, and it makes outdoor training quite unpleasant. I could really stand a little positive reinforcement from old Mother Nature.

At least we have gotten out enough for our training session to have the automatic sit pretty well down (about 4 out of 5) and are now working on adding the stay. I'd love to get some video, but it's just too gray and wet. I'd also like to get this little guy out into a field with a 100-foot drag line to play and practice random recalls, but folding up that much wet cord and attempting to dry it adequately is beyond my current energy level.

And Thanksgiving is coming up - that means all day at my mom's. Dick and I will be cooking Thanksgiving dinner there. In previous years, we've done that at home, packaged everything up and toted it over there, but this year we'd like to spend some time while the turkey is roasting to put up mom's Christmas tree - a task which she doesn't have the energy to complete on her own. It's a rough year for her. Plus, we'll be springing dad from the home for the first time since his admission and we don't know quite how he'll react. I expect some difficulty getting him back there.

So, wish me luck!

No comments: